20 February 2010

today, i will leave my apartment

Well, today my spirits are high and my fever is low, and it's a beautiful 44 degrees out, so I am going to venture out of my apartment. Yesterday due to my crippling illness (which happens to be a bad cold with a high fever) I didn't leave, which has made for a decidedly dreadfully depressing past 24 hours. It has, however, made for great reading time, so I have successfully begun and completed two novels in the course of 36 sickly hours. I applaud myself, and my newly acquired speed reading skills.
I am going to the New York Public Library, their image collection is outstanding and I happen to have checked out a total of 37 images AN ENTIRE YEAR AGO. So, today I will leisurely return them, pay the hefty fine, and find new images to check out, and be infinitely inspired by. Being sick allows me to blame everything on said illness, so I will also tame my eyebrow problem that this has brought upon, not my inherent dormancy
. And drink margaritas. Those are fundamentally the same as, say, Dayquil, right? I think so.
Because I have been bed-ridden, here are a few images from the ones I checked out at the library. If you live in New York, I would highly suggest going there. Membership is free and the library is lovely, but the image collection is absolutely outstanding. They also have a Digital Gallery if you don't live here or can't possibly make it up to 42nd street, which has been my problem for the past, ahem, year.






No comments:

Post a Comment